Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (CA) (file)
- The intercardinal compass point halfway between north and east; specifically at a bearing of 45°.
- Antonym: southwest
- 1972, Burton Pasternak, Kinship & Community in Two Chinese Villages, Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press, →ISBN, LCCN 72-78870, OCLC 1087947197, page 10:
- Chungshe is one of eleven villages in Liuchia township, Tainan county (see Maps 2 and 3). It lies about 30 kilometers northeast of Tainan city.
- 1990, United States. Congress. House. Committee on Agriculture. Subcommittee on Conservation, Credit, and Rural Development, Rural Economic Development: Hearings (page 1604)
- The task of discussing priority concerns for this region is complicated by the fact that there are essentially two rural northeasts.
- Of, in or pertaining to the northeast; northeastern.
- Situated toward or in the direction of the northeast; northeastward; northeasterly.
- A northeast course.
- Coming from the northeast; northeasterly.
- A northeast wind.
northeastern — see northeastern
northeasterly — see northeasterly
- Towards or in the direction of the northeast; northeastwards.
- We are travelling northeast at the moment.