- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈkaɪ.pə(ɹ).bɛlt/, IPA(key): /ˈkʌɪpə bɛlt/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈkaɪ.pɚ.bɛlt/
- Hyphenation: Kui‧per belt
Note: “Kuiper” is a Dutch surname and may also be pronounced in the Dutch manner. Gerard Kuiper himself lived in the U.S. and used the American pronunciation above. The Dutch word kuiper and the English word cooper have the same etymology and meaning, so that's another possibility.
- (astronomy) The Kuiper Belt, a region of space between 30 and 50 astronomical units from the Sun, roughly confined within a thick band around the ecliptic of the Solar System. This area is populated by many thousands of trans-Neptunian objects.
- (astronomy) a type of asteroid belt found in the outer regions of planetary systems that forms an annular belt or disc around the system's center, lying beyond the planetary formation region for major planets, which may extend outwards to reach the inner Oort cloud