Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: lacey
- A Norman habitational surname from a place Lassy in Calvados.
- A male given name, transferred from the surname, mostly in the nineteenth century.
- A female given name of modern usage.
- 1993 Barbara Kingsolver, Pigs in Heaven, ISBN 0060922532, page 322
- "Where'd you get a prissy name like Lacey from, anyway?"
- "I don't know," Cash tells Alice, keeping his hands on the wheel and his eye trained ahead. "It was Alma thought of it. I think she liked the TV show with the lady cops. Lacey and somebody."