Laurel and Hardy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Any duo who are so inept at practical tasks as to be humorous.
- 2000, Patrick McGilligan, Film Crazy: Interviews with Hollywood Legends, page 89:
- We put a Laurel and Hardy thing together. With ordinary actors I've tried this, and it's like playing music without an instrument, but these guys could do anything.
- 2012, Patrick C. Reidy, A Cocktail of Tales, page 14:
- Then about a hundred yards ahead, two men, one rotund the other thin and spare, leaped over a gate onto the road. They had the appearance of a Laurel and Hardy duo.
- 2012, Richard Martin, SuperFuel: Thorium, the Green Energy Source for the Future, page 180:
- The session quickly devolved into a Laurel-and-Hardy skit, as an NRC bureaucrat named Lawrence Kokajko was grilled by the commissioners, particularly Hamilton, a man used to having bureaucrats tremble before him.
- 2012, The Black & White Photography Book:
- […] when someone has a Laurel and Hardy moment where they slip on a banana skin […]
- 2013, David Hale Smith, Dallas Noir, page 211:
- She was heavy: not fat, but solid, and it looked good on her; still, we must have seemed a Laurel and Hardy match, the two times we would have been observed together in public, me being whichever comedy star was the lanky one.
- 2014, Paul "Monty" Choy, The Flying Dragon, page 45:
- When he got up to answer, I noticed the boy at the other end of the desk was partially standing. This happened every time. So I quietly walked around and noticed that the long bench they were sitting [sic] had a leg missing at the end. Sensing a Laurel-and-Hardy situation, I could not resist the temptation.
- 2014, Keith Scott, The Moose That Roared: The Story of Jay Ward, Bill Scott, a Flying Squirrel, and a Talking Moose:
- Variety (February 22)reported, “Ward and Scott have sketched out plans for the production of Green Hopper, a 30 minute show revolving around a frog, wolf and bear; Simpson and Delaney—a Laurel and Hardy animated duo, and Super Chicken.
any humorous duo
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.