Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lexus (a brand of luxury automobile) + lane
- (slang) A toll-charging express lane on a public highway.
- 2006 May 21, “Uncrowding the Lane”, in The New York Times, ISSN 0362-4331:
- There are many obvious reasons why this would be problematic, ranging from the inadequacy of existing local roads and mass transit to handle diverted travelers to the probability that a "high-occupancy toll" lane would become an elitist "Lexus lane" barrelling people to the Hamptons in record time.
- 2014 February 21, Nicholas Sakelaris, “Taking a toll: Life in the "Lexus lane"”, in Dallas Business Journal:
- Critics say the sudden reliance on so-called “Lexus lanes” sells out public infrastructure to a foreign, for-profit company with unlimited tolling authority.