After Marilyn Monroe (1926-1962), film star.
- A woman representing an ideal type of physical beauty and glamour.
1997 September 14, Cindy Pearlman, “Working mother; ; Basinger gives whole new meaning to ^babelicious^”, in Chicago Sun-Times, page 3:
- With me they said,' Oh, she's got a little bit of that Marilyn Monroe quality.' I've learned when they attach' sex symbol' to your name, suddenly your credibility as an actress is in the toilet."
2002 July 1, Benjamin Rosenbaum, “Droplet”, in Fantasy & Science Fiction, volume 103, number 1, page 35:
- Despite the cushiony-pink Marilyn Monroe skin, Shar is harder than I am. My heart races when I look at her, just as it did a hundred thousand years ago.
2003 September 1, “Madonna now”, in Bazaar, number 3502, page 303:
- She introduced the world to the underground East Village punk style, took lingerie out of the bedroom and into the street, toyed with the Marilyn Monroe image of bombshell glamour
2008 April 5, Davide Castelvecchi, “QUANTUM COCOON”, in Science News, volume 173, page 216:
- There's no such thing as a 100 percent-pure crystal, though, and diamond's impurities are in fact Marilyn Monroe beauty marks that make it attractive for physics.
- Also frequently used to refer to the literal person Marilyn Monroe
1992 June 12, “Ignored to Death; Please Stop the Noise; The End of a Fairy Tale?”, in ABC_2020:
- The truth is that she is from a very emotionally disturbed background. She herself is a seriously emotionally disturbed person and has always been. / I think she's a sort of Marilyn Monroe creature, rather sad in some ways.
1992 April 1, Jill Nelson, “Abbey Lincoln: Unrehearsed”, in Essence, volume 22, number 12, page 72:
- for an instant she is Artemis the huntress, stalking her man. " But you really can't have paradise on top of someone else's misery. If we had lived in another society, an African society, where there is such a thing as polygamy, where a man takes a second and third wife, it wouldn't have been a problem. But in this world, it's either-or. It was the shadow over the marriage. " But that's now. Back then she was still the girl in the Marilyn Monroe dress.
2009 August 12, Randy Cordova, “Another round of 'Mad Men' about to kick off”, in Arizona Republic:
- She also has something of a Marilyn Monroe fixation, perhaps not surprising considering her va-va-voom figure.