Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (from Wade–Giles) Mo-ho
- A county-level city in Daxing'anling prefecture, Heilongjiang, China, the northernmost city in China, formerly a county
- 2014, Eimer, David, The Emperor Far Away: Travels at the Edge of China, Bloomsbury USA, →ISBN, →OCLC, →OL, page 282:
- Only in 2008 did the two countries agree on the border, which tracks the Amur River as it wiggles east for almost 3,000 kilometres from just west of Mohe, China’s most northerly town, towards the Sea of Japan.
- 2020 December 21, Jiang, Xihao; Carlos Garcia Rawlins, “Santa welcomes visitors at winter wonderland in China's Arctic Town”, in Karishma Singh, editor, Reuters, archived from the original on 08 May 2022, China:
- In a two-storey wooden house with about 100 Father Christmas dolls, the white-bearded figure in a red suit writes down seasonal wishes with a quill and poses with tourists at the theme park on the outskirts of Mohe, China's northernmost city. […]
Mohe, known as China's Arctic Town, holds the record for its lowest-ever temperature of minus 52.3 Celsius (minus 62.1 Fahrenheit), on Feb. 13, 1969.
For most visitors, the highlight of a trip is the fulfilment of a long-held wish to meet Santa.
"I've achieved my childhood dream," said Huang Liwen, 30, who had travelled to Mohe from Guangdong province in southern China.
- For more quotations using this term, see Citations:Mohe.