Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From their self-designation in Mahican, meaning "people of the estuary."
- Rhymes: -iːkən
- An indigenous people of New England; the Mahicans.
- The Mohican are an Algonquian-speaking people.
- (erroneous) The Mohegan people.
Mohican (plural Mohicans)
- A member of this tribe; a Mahican.
- (erroneous) A Mohegan.
- (Britain) A hairstyle where both sides are shaved, with the hair in the centre kept long and made to stand on end: a Mohawk.
member of tribe
hairstyle — see Mohawk