Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: mohawk
An exonym, probably from an Narragansett word meaning "they eat (animate things)", "cannibals". The phoneme /m/ is not present in the Mohawk language; the Mohawk autonym is Kanien'kehá:ka (Kanienkehaka, Kanyenkehaka).
- An indigenous people of North America originally from the Mohawk Valley in upstate New York to southern Quebec and eastern Ontario, the easternmost of the Iroquois Five Nations.
- The Iroquoian language spoken by these North American indigenous people.
indigenous people of North America
Mohawk (plural Mohawks)
- An individual member of the Mohawk people.
- (also mohawk) A hairstyle where both sides are shaved, with the hair along the crest of the head kept long, and usually styled so as to stand straight up.
- Mohawk Nation on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Mohawk language on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Mohawk hairstyle on Wikipedia.Wikipedia