Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The continent that is the northern part of the Americas; that part east of the Pacific Ocean, west of the Atlantic Ocean, north of South America and south of the Arctic Ocean.
- 1991 May 12, “Kidnapped!”, in Jeeves and Wooster, Series 2, Episode 5:
- Jeeves: Foreign travel often liberates emotions best kept in check, sir. The air of North America is notoriously stimulating in this regard, as witness the regrettable behavior of its inhabitants in 1776.
B. Wooster: Hm? What happened in 1776, Jeeves?
Jeeves: I prefer not to dwell on it, if it's convenient to you, sir.
- (US, Canada) Canada and the United States as a unit to the exclusion of Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean nations, and Greenland; roughly equivalent to Northern America. Often used to describe things in a context that includes only the US and Canada.
- (continents) continent; Africa, America (North America, South America), Antarctica, Asia, Europe, Oceania (Category: en:Continents)
- (countries of North America) country of North America; Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Canada, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, United States of America
- (territories of North America) territory of North America; Anguilla, Aruba, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Curaçao, France Clipperton Island, Greenland, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Montserrat, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Sint Maarten, United States Navassa Island, United States Serranilla Bank, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States Virgin Islands
- Latin America