Jump to navigation Jump to search
tributary (plural tributaries)
- A natural water stream that flows into a larger river or other body of water.
- A nation, state, or other entity that pays tribute.
- (stream which flows into a larger one): affluent
stream which flows into a larger one
nation, state etc.
tributary (not comparable)
- Related to the paying of tribute.
- subordinate; inferior
- to grace his tributary gods
- Yielding supplies of any kind; serving to form or make up, a greater object of the same kind, as a part, branch, etc.; contributing.
- The Ohio has many tributary streams, and is itself tributary to the Mississippi.