Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (UK) (file)
- (dated) One's mother.
- A title given to a nun or a priestess.
- (Wicca) One of the triune goddesses of the Lady in Wicca alongside the Crone and Maiden and representing a woman older than a girlish Maiden but younger than an aged Crone.
2002, A.J. Drew, Wicca for Couples: Making Magick Together, page 90:
- ...different stages of life as represented by our Lady as Maiden, Mother, and Crone, as well as our Lord as Master, Father, and Sage.
- 2004, Aurora Greenbough, Cathy Jewell, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Spells and Spellcraft, page 9
- The Lady is often thought of as having three aspects: Maiden, Mother, and Crone.