Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (US, neologism, originally pejorative) Any of various healthcare plans seen as associated with Barack Obama before or during his tenure as U.S. President; especially, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: a healthcare reform plan that was passed in 2010 and signed into law by him.
2007 July 5, Timothy Noah, “Edwardscare: A Trojan Horse, in Slate Magazine”, in (Please provide the title of the work):
- For some reason, Obama's senior economist, Austan Goolsbee, chooses not to believe this about Obamacare, possibly because he figures the private-but-regulated health-care plans in Obama's National Health Insurance Exchange would be more generous than Obama's public health-care plan.
- 2007 September 26, Rudy Giuliani, address to the New Jersey Republican Party (about 12 minutes 30 seconds in):
- This is a trick. This is a trick that's going on here. This idea that, that whether it's HillaryCare, or ObamaCare, or EdwardsCare, that idea that it's not socialized medicine is a trick. It's a massive growth in government control of medicine.
- 2010, Richard McKenzie Neal, We the People: A Christian Nation (page 161)
- Those who designed ObamaCare were willing to sacrifice marriage for the sake of seeming to be “progressive and equitable,” even though social science research reveals a clear link between single motherhood and poverty.
- 2011, Tony Maglione, Obamacare: A Doctor's Guide to Saving Healthcare
- This book will tell you what is right and wrong with Obamacare and will offer solutions to improve healthcare in our country so that it remains of high quality and sustainable financially in the future for all Americans.
- 2011, Kevin Williamson, The Politically Incorrect Guide to Socialism (page 237)
- Of course ObamaCare is socialism. It has been designed along explicitly socialist lines […]