Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
American Sign Language
- (grasp with index finger instead of middle finger) SmallC@BackHand-PalmDown-S@CenterChesthigh-PalmDown Twist
- (rocking both hands) Open8@BackHand-PalmDown-S@CenterChesthigh-PalmDown Nod-Twist
Imitates a mounted globe, the S fist as the globe itself and the open 8 as the mounting brace touching the globe at the north and south poles.
- This two-handed ASL sign is produced as follows:
- Posture the nondominant hand in in , nondominant palm facing down. Posture the dominant hand in with the thumb and middle finger grasping the nondominant hand, dominant palm facing down.
- Twist the dominant hand repeatedly along the axis running through the tips of the thumb and the index finger.
- Hold the dominant hand still briefly.
- the Earth