Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: earth
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɜːθ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɝːθ/
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (US) (file) Audio (file)
- Rhymes: -ɜː(ɹ)θ
Earth (plural Earths)
- The third planet of the Solar System; the world upon which humans live.
- The personification of the Earth or earth, (chiefly) as a fertile woman or (religion) goddess.
The capitalized form usually occurs when it is contrasted with the names of other celestial bodies or realms:
- From the Earth to the Moon
- What is the distance between Earth and Mars?
- (third planet of the Solar System): globe, Sol III, Terra, the world
- (world inhabited by mankind): Middle Earth (archaic or pagan); Midgard (Germanic religion)
- (personification): See Mother Earth for female forms
Terms related to Earth
third planet of the Solar System
personification of Earth — see Mother Earth
- (planets of the Solar System) planets of the Solar System; Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune
- (moon of Earth) Luna/Moon/moon 
- ♁, ⊕