- (Roman mythology) The Roman god associated with speed, sometimes used as a messenger. He wore winged sandals. Mercury corresponded to the Greek god Hermes.
- (astronomy) The planet in the solar system with the closest orbit to the Sun, named after the god; represented by ☿.
- (planets of the Solar System) planets of the Solar System; Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune
- Mercury (planet) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Mercury (mythology) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
Mercury (plural Mercuries)
- (dated) A carrier of tidings; a newsboy; a messenger.
- (dated) A newspaper.
- The monthly Mercuries.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.