Jump to navigation Jump to search
From Middle English Neptunus, a borrowing from Latin Neptūnus, from Proto-Indo-European *nébʰ-tu-s (“to become damp, cloudy”) (source of Ancient Greek νέφος (néphos), Sanskrit नभस् (nábhas), etc.), with the sense of "wet, moist."
- The eighth planet in our solar system, represented in astronomy and astrology by ♆.
- (Roman mythology) The god of the ocean and of earthquakes. The same as Poseidon in Greek mythology.
- An unincorporated community in West Virginia.
- An unincorporated community in Wisconsin.
eighth planet of the solar system
Roman god of the ocean
- (planets of the Solar System) planets of the Solar System; Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune