Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Pepto Bismol
- A brand of medicine claimed to be effective against nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach and diarrhea, and having a bright pink color.
2003, Lani Robson Remender, Casino to Die For: The Hunt for Tears of the Sun, page 224:
- See all those Pepto-Bismol colored housing developments to your right. They're cluttering up this beautiful section of the Sonoran Desert.
2007, Jude Barnes, Missing The Laughter, page 39:
- The worst part was the bathroom. He insisted I paint it Pepto-Bismal [sic] pink. His tastes could be extreme, but it was his bathroom. I still can't chug Pepto-Bismol, though.
2004, Wendy Etherington, If The Stiletto Fits..., page 127:
- Just before he'd slipped into a coma, he'd had the strong urge to run to a pharmacy and slug down some Pepto-Bismol.
- 2003, Caroline Slate Fractured Truth, p. 136:
- You go swig some Pepto-Bismol and I'll pop a couple of aspirin and I'll take you to the movies over on Nineteenth Street."
1998, Susan Isaacs, Red, White, and Blue, page 246:
- To Nicki, who was wearing the mini-est of minidresses, barely more than a ruffle of Pepto-Bismol pink.
- 1960, Henry Ringling North, Alden Hatch, The Circus Kings: Our Ringling Family Story, p. 298:
- Arming himself with Pepto-Bismol he took off in one of the new Pan American Clippers.
- 1952, Ohio Valley Transportation Advisory Board, Pacific Northwest Advisory Board, Proceedings, Regular Meeting, p. 17:
- [We] thought he was going to get up from the table and get some Pepto-Bismol and not worry about his breakfast because we had certainly ruined his digestion.