Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: pilate
- (biblical) Pontius Pilate, the man who, according to the Bible, ordered the crucifixion of Jesus.
- 1968, Keith Richards, Mick Jagger (lyrics and music), “Sympathy for the Devil”, in Beggars Banquet, performed by Rolling Stones:
- I was 'round when Jesus Christ / Had his moment of doubt and pain / Made damn sure that Pilate / Washed his hands and sealed his fate
- (Classical) IPA(key): /piːˈlaː.te/, [piːˈɫ̪äːt̪ɛ]
- (Ecclesiastical) IPA(key): /piˈla.te/, [piˈläːt̪ɛ]
- vocative of