Borrowing from Italian Ragusa, said to be derived from Lausa, a rock in the historical province. The name most likely means "slab" and is cognate with Italian losanga (“slab”). See English lozenge.
- A province of Sicily, Italy.
- The capital of the Italian province of Ragusa.
- Former name of Dubrovnik (city in Croatia). [before 1918]
- (historical) The Republic of Ragusa, a maritime republic centered in Dubrovnik.
province of Sicily
capital of the Italian province
Dubrovnik — see Dubrovnik
(historical) Republic of Ragusa
- ^ Pipin and Spasovich, History of Slavonic Literature, p. 168
- (Dubrovnik): Dubrovnik