Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
Randroid (plural Randroids)
- (slang, derogatory) A supporter of Ayn Rand's philosophies, particularly an overzealous one.
- 2004, Tibor R. Machan, The Man Without A Hobby: Adventures of a Gregarious Egoist, Hamilton Books, →ISBN, page 107:
- At the same meeting I was interviewed by the philosopher and historian George Walsh, a follower of Ayn Rand. The interview turned out to be a disaster, for after it had already been scheduled Walsh heard from Harry Binswanger — a Randroid loyalist I used to call the Basil Rathbone of the Objectivist gang, since since he seemed to fit the image of a ruthless henchman — that I was a "liar."
- 2007, Wayne Dwight Richards, Richard Ransdell, & LaDawna Word-Denslow, Dragon Drive: A Comedia Mundana, iUniverse, →ISBN:
- […] She was a very unpleasant lady, and one of the most unpleasant things about her was that she was what you might call a 'born-again Randroid,' someone who'd taken Ayn Rand's teachings to such extremes that she made Rand herself look like a flaming liberal by comparison. You know the type?"
- For more quotations using this term, see Citations:Randroid.