- A city in Punjab, Pakistan, the capital of the district of the same name and the headquarters of the Pakistani military.
- A district in Punjab, Pakistan.
- (metonymically) The military of Pakistan.
- 2018 January 5, Suhasini Haidar, “U.S. move against Pakistan ‘welcome first step’: India”, in The Hindu:
- “It is a welcome first step. [We] hope it will get Rawalpindi (Pakistan’s military) thinking,” a senior official told The Hindu, although the government issued no formal reaction to the development.