Jump to navigation Jump to search
-ou.ər, /-aʊ.ər/, /-aU.@r/
- In non-rhotic accents, words ending in -aʊə are also rhymes for words on this page, as long as there is no following vowel.
- For more rhymes, add er to some nouns and adjectives at -aʊ.
The OED, MW, and other dictionaries distinguish this disyllabic rhyme from monosyllabic Rhymes:English/aʊə(ɹ) by the presence of a stress mark.
- Bauer (surname)
- bower (also one syllable)
- flower (also one syllable, like flour)
- lower (also one syllable, written lour)
- plower / plougher
- power (also one syllable)
- tower (also one syllable)