From Canadian inventor P. L. Robertson (1879-1951).
- (chiefly Canada) A type of screwdriver having a square tip, designed to drive a Robertson screw.
- 1963, Alonzo Wass, Building construction estimating:
- The Robertson-head screw has a square hole in the head, made in three different sizes, and must be driven with a special Robertson screwdriver.
- 2002, Mark Kearney, Randy Ray, I Know that Name!: The People Behind Canada's Best-known Brand Names from Elizabeth Arden to Walter Zeller:
- The Robertson screwdriver is among the tools found at hardware stores and building supply outlets across Canada.
- 2007, William S. Peckham and Michael C. Hammar, Never Hang Wallpaper With Your Wife: Decorating and Renovating From a Guy's Point Of View:
- Robertson screwdrivers have colour-coded handles, to make it easy to determine which size you will require.