Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From the German place name Rockenfeld.
- An American surname.
- American capitalist. Founder, leader, and owner of Standard Oil Company.
Rockefeller (plural Rockefellers)
- A very rich person.
1970, Donald Kaul, How to Light a Water Heater and Other War Stories, page 127:
- "You don't have to be a Rockefeller to have an air conditioner," she said.
- 1998, Kirk Jones, Waking Ned, Tomboy films
- Annie: You're acting like you won the lotto yourself.
- Jackie: Aye, aye, Rockefeller, that's me.