Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A male given name from the Germanic languages, variant of Roland.
- A patronymic surname, from given names.
- 1591, William Shakespeare, “The First Part of Henry the Sixt”, in Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies: Published According to the True Originall Copies (First Folio), London: […] Isaac Iaggard, and Ed[ward] Blount, published 1623, OCLC 606515358, (please specify the act number in uppercase Roman numerals, and the scene number in lowercase Roman numerals):: Act I, Scene II:
- England all Olivers and Rowlands bred
- During the time Edward the Third did reign.