Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: speedo
From the name of the swimsuit company, Speedo, which first designed and manufactured swimwear in Australia that was briefer and sleeker than most other swimwear then available.
- Rhymes: -iːdəʊ
Speedo (plural Speedos)
- A tight-fitting swimsuit, especially commonly worn by competitive swimmers and divers. Usually implies a brief or bikini style swimsuit.
- You can tell the serious swimmers: they're the guys wearing the Speedos.
- 2011, Gary Ghislain, How I Stole Johnny Depp's Alien Girlfriend, page 44:
- She's wearing Mom's teeny-weenie black Speedo bikini, the one Mom wears to show how fit and trim she is.
- 1999, Cheryl Rilly, Great Moments In Sex-p.227
- These muscle-bound hard bodies are wearing Speedo Lyrca bikinis which stick to a man's body like a woman's wet T-shirt.
- 2014, Norah McClintock, #3 Dead And Gone-p.12
- There were dozens of girls in there - girls on the deck in bathing suits, most of them Speedos because they were racing.
- 2016, John Early, Tales of a Modern Nomad: Monks Mushrooms and Other Misadventures-p.59
- Ryan and I remain unmoved, standing at the edge of the water as five Speedo-clad lifeguards rush up to us.