Jump to navigation Jump to search
Former trade name, from jockstrap, since they were regarded as offering a similar level of physical support.
- (US, dated, informal) Men's or boys' briefs.
- 1980, William Hogan, The Quartzsite Trip, page 209:
- He had left his swimming suit at home, but going around in his jockey shorts seemed a good substitute.
- 2000, Charles Edward Gibb, Murder on the Cocktail Circuit, page 194:
- Back in his stateroom, sitting in his black jockey shorts, Scotty once again felt the exhaustion creep back into his body.
- 2011, Howard S. Rowland, Robinson Crusoe in Suburbia, page 64:
- In my jockey shorts I quickly tiptoed on bare feet down the still corridor to embrace my beaming rosy-cheeked bedfellow before the elevator arrived.
- 2018, C. Dale Young, The Affliction, page 14:
- We sat in our jockey shorts and t-shirts drinking whiskey.