Jump to navigation Jump to search
State (plural States)
- A current governing polity.
- (often with definite article) The current governing polity under which the speaker lives.
- State University, as the shortened form of any public university name.
- 2019 February 25, Steven Muma, “NCAA tournament position stays tenuous as NC State does the bare minimum”, in Backing the Pack:
- The Pack’s average seed in the mountain of NCAA tourney predictions out there is 10, and even the most optimistic takes on State’s situation have the team as an eight-seed.