Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: supreme court
- The highest court in a legal jurisdiction.
- (Canada) The Supreme Court of Canada.
- (US) The highest Federal court of the United States, ("the Supreme Court").
- (US) The state court in many states of the United States, usually but not necessarily the highest court in that state.
1915 October 26, “WASHINGTON, Oct. 25.”, in New York Times:
- The first Indian woman who ever appeared before the Supreme Court as a lawyer was admitted to practice there today.