Added the millitary version. The first time I had ever seen FTW was during the Viet Nam war. At that time it had stood for Fuck the War. I can not ever remember seeing it before that. There is some news footage with the FTW written on some of the soldiers helmets. Since that time I think it has taken on new meanings.
Fuck the World
I have no idea why anyone would REMOVE the "fuck the world" definition, which is older, and is still the one that pops into my head first when I see it. Dictionaries can have *multiple* definitions folks. BalthCat 04:20, 5 May 2006 (UTC)
Fuck this war
This version of FTW is POV and should not be in the definition.--Sir James Paul 23:37, 13 December 2006 (UTC)
- Fuck the world also is.--Sir James Paul 23:38, 13 December 2006 (UTC)
- How is it a point-of-view? It is a military slang. While one using the term might possess a point of view, the definition itself is not. ZimZalaBim 04:25, 14 December 2006 (UTC)
- The literal denotation of an acronym being POV? Ha. Go back to your ABCs, Sir Paul.
- 18.104.22.168 08:59, 18 September 2011 (UTC)
Lock this page
Fondel the Whale
This version of FTW comes from World of Warcaft where FTW was orgininated
For the wolf
I request that For the wolf is added as seen here : http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1894767
- It doesn't seem to meet our WT:CFI. You can add it at the list of protologisms (newly invented words) at WT:LOP if you want. Equinox ◑ 22:22, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
Fot the wuck
I request that Fot the wuck is added as it's frack to bunt for what the fuck and the first thing I thought it must be.
==Free To Wander== another biker meaning.
Free To Wander
To the mods - since this page is locked, could one of you kindly remove my email address from the first FTW entry. I don't mind being quoted, but having my email attached rather than my handle (notesurfer) is a bit inconvenient, and its removal will certainly help me cut down on the spam I receive. Thanks. (-: Notesurfer 16:16, 28 September 2011 (UTC)