Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
The following information has failed Wiktionary's deletion process.
It should not be re-entered without careful consideration.
- [[sized]] does not cover it. [[-sized]] implies that this is a suffix rather than a combining form. We have three choices about handling this kind of thing:
- Keep all such entries.
- Have suffix entries for what are usually considered combining forms.
- Have adjective PoSes with glosses or non-gloss definitions that adequately cover these.
- The choice is a BP matter. It probably has been addressed in the past, but whatever decision was made is not incorporated in many of the entries that would need it AFAICT nor is it documented in any page such as Wiktionary:English adjectives. Does anyone have any thoughts about the best place to document our prior Solonic decisions about such matters?
- Accordingly, I don't think that we have an adequate basis to summarily delete this entry or to take the actions to make such a deletion possible. DCDuring TALK 16:11, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
- Delete per nom. As DCDuring says, we're not doing a good job with the SOP adjective-hyphen-noun-ed constructions, but there is no way that simply keeping all of them is even a temporary solution. —RuakhTALK 20:15, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
- Incidentally, Godzilla-sized isn't the best example of the general problem, since sized (“having a certain size”) merits a straightforward adjective entry SFAICT; see e.g. . (Or maybe it is a good example, since actually, that's true of a lot of such words; see e.g. , , and so on.) Of course, Godzilla-sized may actually be "Godzilla-size" + -ed rather than Godzilla + sized, but I don't see that as a serious problem. —RuakhTALK 20:27, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, figure it out, but delete this one. DAVilla 03:04, 31 October 2010 (UTC)
- Delete. -- Ghost of WikiPedant 04:57, 31 October 2010 (UTC)