Wiktionary definition should be accurate. Here are the definitions listed at http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=abortionist which all contradict the definition that was previously listed at wiktionary. Both in usage and in formal meaning, the person performing or inducing the abortion is the abortionist. The use of the word procure is misleading in that procuring can mean "performing" or "obtaining" an abortion. Please cite a source that would make it clear that the ambiguous "procuring" is the better word despite the following definitions:
- One who performs abortions (The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company)
- One who performs abortions, especially criminal abortions (The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company
- One who induces abortions (Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.)
- One who induces abortion (Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.)
- A person (who should be a doctor) who terminates pregnancies (WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University)
If there is a source that "abortionist" is commonly or properly used to refer to a pregnant woman seeking an abortion or who has successfully sought an abortion, please provide a link.
- This entry was imported from Webster's 1913 edition (), which may of course be outdated. — Vildricianus 15:49, 17 March 2006 (UTC)