The following discussion has been moved from Wiktionary:Requests for deletion.
This discussion is no longer live and is left here as an archive. Please do not modify this conversation, but feel free to discuss its conclusions.
Adjective: aged; usually in reference to cheese or liquor
Is this ever used to modify any thing other than a Spanish noun, so that it represents a part of a Spanish phrase embedded in English text rather than English. Also I don't think that we have Spanglish as a language code. We would not treat Spanglish as either Spanish or English would we? DCDuring TALK 16:26, 27 June 2011 (UTC)
- On the last point, all words in all languages means that if it's a word that's used, then it's to be included. If anejo composes Spanish phrases then why isn't it in any of the Spanish dictionaries? If it occurred in a Spanish context then it would be a Spanish word. Since it occurs in an English context, it's an English word. You may not delete it just because you find its use objectionable. DAVilla 16:51, 6 July 2011 (UTC)
- Without getting into a long technical discussion, I came looking for this word because I encountered it in an English context, and had no idea what it meant. It was very useful to me to find it here, since I don't know where else I would have looked. —This unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 17:20, 18 September 2011.
- @DAVilla --
- The word anejo isn't listed in any Spanish dictionaries as "aged" because the correct word for that in Spanish comes with the tilde -- añejo, from añejar (“to age”).
- @Everyone --
- I strongly recommend that any English term anejo meaning "aged" be moved to añejo, unless folks can find strong evidence of it being spelled in English without the tilde (and not just because someone's typing with a limited input method and can't be bothered to call up a character list). -- Eiríkr Útlendi - Tala við mig 06:25, 19 September 2011 (UTC)
- Concur with Eirikr but with a see also in the entry for anejo (Spanish, adj.). Since añejo (Spanish, adj.) article does not yet exist, this should be created as a first priority. Donama 23:40, 23 November 2011 (UTC)