Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search
Green check.svg

This entry has survived Wiktionary's verification process.

Please do not re-nominate for verification without comprehensive reasons for doing so.


A contrib is insisting on a particular definition, which I have placed at nº 2 with the rfv tag. Can this be confirmed? - Algrif 18:12, 28 December 2007 (UTC)

I can find various uses for bunnet, unfortunately not many cites for any very precise one. It seems to include many kinds of headgear, including bonnets, helmets, and some kind of man's tweed cap worn by men in novels who speak with heavy Scots accents. The Essential Scots Dictionary defines it more or less as the stubborn contributor does, but more tersely. A picture would be useful. It is also spelled "bannet". Who's our best man for Scots usage? DCDuring 20:33, 28 December 2007 (UTC)
See w:Flat cap. DCDuring 20:42, 28 December 2007 (UTC)
Added a pic. Hekaheka 20:52, 28 December 2007 (UTC)
I don't see the pic. DCDuring 01:24, 29 December 2007 (UTC)
Oops, forgot to save. Should look better now. Hekaheka 05:56, 29 December 2007 (UTC)
A tam o'shanter is apparently a toorie bunnet. A bunnet is more typically a flat cap. DCDuring 18:44, 29 December 2007 (UTC)
rfvpassed - [The]DaveRoss 20:22, 12 April 2008 (UTC)