Wikipedia Edit History
- Time: 2005-05-31T02:31:50Z - By: w:User:126.96.36.199
- Time: 2005-05-31T02:32:43Z - By: w:User:Xcali
- Time: 2005-05-31T02:33:31Z - By: w:User:188.8.131.52
This entry has survived Wiktionary's verification process.
Please do not re-nominate for verification without comprehensive reasons for doing so.
Rfv-sense: (nautical) A type of lightweight sail used in light winds like a spinnaker.
Dictionaries do not have this sense; some have a sense for a boat. In the definition, I understand "sail" to refer to a piece of fabric to catch wind rather than to "(dated) A sailing vessel; a vessel of any kind; a craft.", since the definition says that the sail is like a spinnaker.
drifter at OneLook Dictionary Search.
- RFV passed: I wanted to have the genus ("sail") verified and it is now; thanks. --Dan Polansky (talk) 17:08, 7 December 2013 (UTC)
Rfv-sense: A driver that uses driving techniques to modify vehicle traction to cause a vehicle to slide or power slide rather than drive in line with the tires.
Not in dictionaries: drifter at OneLook Dictionary Search.
- Well, there is such a sense of drift#Verb but we don't have it. Though I don't guarantee this is attested, it does seem a bit unlikely. If someone could add the sense to drift it would be an excellent start. Mglovesfun (talk) 11:34, 7 December 2013 (UTC)
- RFV passed: Something like the defined sense is now attested; thanks. --Dan Polansky (talk) 17:09, 7 December 2013 (UTC)