Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
I found two other, one-time usages. If anyone finds other ones like these, feel free to add to the meanings on the main page:
- Comfortable, cozy
- "Gemoot," I say remarking on the comfy-cosy feeling. — William Venator, Vestiges of Freedom, 2004
- An acronym for Get Me One Of Those
- I call it the GEMOOT syndrome (get me one of those). — Pinny Gniwisch, Can We Survive, 2011
--AnWulf ... Ferþu Hal! 06:03, 21 December 2011 (UTC)
Moved out of the entry because it's a mention, not a use:
- 1999, Wilbert Van Vree, Meetings, Manners and Civilization: The Development of Modern Meeting Behaviour:
- Meetings held by ruling 'free men' were known under several names such as 'thing,' 'ding' or (ge)moot.
- Moved out of the entry because it's a citation of (a variant spelling of) witenagemote:
- 2008, John Edward Fehay, The Pope and the Norman Invasion
- Harold was, in fact, chosen by the Witan gemoot, in accordance with English law at the time.