Talk:poêle à marrons
- Note: the below discussion was moved from the Wiktionary:Tea room.
- A few days ago, I created the article on French Wiktionary for the poêle à marrons.
- This morning, I made a photography of this stuff, and put it on the article.
- Now, I am searching for an English translation. Could you help me ?
Thanks in advance. --Szyx 18:22, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
- It would be a chestnut pan or a chestnut-roasting pan. Equinox 18:29, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
- I have no real knowledge of the subject, but I made a couple of Google runs anyhow. "Chestnut pan" gets much more hits than "chestnut-roasting pan". Both are beaten by a wide margin by chestnut roaster, which more often than not seems to refer to a pan, but there are other models, too. For example a kind of rotating basket made of metal wire and intended for use over open fire was called "chestnut roaster". --Hekaheka 09:13, 30 March 2009 (UTC)