Talk:poêle à marrons

Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tea room discussion[edit]

Note: the below discussion was moved from the Wiktionary:Tea room.
A "pan at chestnuts"

Hello everybody.

  • A few days ago, I created the article on French Wiktionary for the poêle à marrons.
  • This morning, I made a photography of this stuff, and put it on the article.
  • Now, I am searching for an English translation. Could you help me ?

Thanks in advance. --Szyx 18:22, 15 February 2009 (UTC)

It would be a chestnut pan or a chestnut-roasting pan. Equinox 18:29, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
Chestnut roasting pan, yes, it seems to be the answer [1]. The word "roasting" was the one I was missing... Thank you, I'll put it on the article. --Szyx 18:53, 15 February 2009 (UTC) My English is terrifically unfficient ! ;-)
I have no real knowledge of the subject, but I made a couple of Google runs anyhow. "Chestnut pan" gets much more hits than "chestnut-roasting pan". Both are beaten by a wide margin by chestnut roaster, which more often than not seems to refer to a pan, but there are other models, too. For example a kind of rotating basket made of metal wire and intended for use over open fire was called "chestnut roaster". --Hekaheka 09:13, 30 March 2009 (UTC)