Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search

Is this a noun or a verb? Transitive/intransitive? Or should the separate phrases just have their own entries? --Connel MacKenzie T C 20:49, 5 July 2006 (UTC)

How's this? Rod (A. Smith) 02:19, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
Green check.svg

This entry has survived Wiktionary's verification process.

Please do not re-nominate for verification without comprehensive reasons for doing so.


Sense 2. Hinge ?? -- Algrif 17:47, 15 April 2008 (UTC)

A far as I know, "hinge" is actually the more common meaning. It appears in dozens of dictionaries. [1] Dmcdevit·t 11:57, 16 April 2008 (UTC)
Not very impressed by that selection, I'm afraid. A lot of examples of "sacar de quicio" = "un-hinge", and some Portuguese rather than Spanish. It's possible that it has some usage in S.American Spanish, but not in European Spanish, which is why the question. I've never heard in all my years in Spain anyone refer to a hinge as un quicio. I mean never. Not in any of my dictionaries either. Perhaps keep with an S.A Spanish tag? -- Algrif 14:19, 16 April 2008 (UTC)
First sense RAE lists is consistent with definition. - [The]DaveRoss 04:16, 31 May 2009 (UTC)