Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search

"Shrink" also appears to be a style of women's sweater, from the early 1970s. I saw a magazine mention or two of the term, and also have a patterns guide to making them, in my collection. I know nothing else about this usage though. Does someone else know more? 09:19, 9 January 2009 (UTC)

Disk3/Watertown Times/Watertown NY Daily Times Aug 1972 Grayscale/Watertown NY Daily Times Aug 1972 Grayscale - 0286.pdf This link has a picture in an ad, but is ambiguous. I found references to "shrink sweater" in Google News in 1971-3. I'm not getting a very specific definition. DCDuring Holiday Greetings! 13:06, 9 January 2009 (UTC)


I read that its American past simple and past participle forms differ than the British. I heard about shrink, shrunk, shrunken so altogether it could be shrink, shrank/shrunk, shrunk/shrunken. Is it right? Wiktionary contains the entry shrunken and writes it's the past participle of shrink, but this entry does not mention it. I daren't add the other forms, it's your language, you should, I think. Ferike333 17:07, 26 May 2009 (UTC)

I don't know about the regional differences, but shrank/shrunk and shrunk/shrunken are both correct. Added. Equinox 17:10, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
Thank you very much. As I'm non-native, I can't know it, just read, but if it makes things better I'll try to find my source. If there's no regional difference, to lower the possibility of misunderstanding, I'd rather not use shrunk, just shrank and shrunken. --Ferike333 19:28, 27 May 2009 (UTC)