Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to navigation Jump to search

sticky, the noun[edit]

i've added the sticky as the (usually red) mark thats left once you get kissed by someone wearing lipstick. Can someone verify this (Im not a native, I also havent found it in three English-German dictionaries (google, LEO, pons), but an American offered me a sticky (and also verified the spelling)) Thanks --Moritz der Moralapostel 00:52, 9 September 2007 (UTC).

That's new to me. I'd call it a lipstick mark...or describe it with a full sentence (as a lipstick mark can be even the slightest smudge.) As far as I know, English doesn't have a word for it, specifically. But calling it a sticky, I wouldn't know what you were talking about. --Connel MacKenzie 01:12, 9 September 2007 (UTC)


Missing noun sense, as in "rifling through the stickies in the drinks cabinet". 23:35, 14 May 2011 (UTC)

Yes check.svg Done Appar Australian colloquial term for a sweet dessert wine. Equinox 11:31, 11 September 2014 (UTC)