Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search

Is this not just a form of refraction? Light (a photon) is absorbed by a material from an ambient source, then travels along the surfaces of the crystalline matrix (molecular cake layers) until the reach the materials edge boundaries at which point it leaves the material and immediately scatters... a cone from every point of exit, a relative glow effect from all points that have a surface perpendicular to the plane of the material's crystalline matrix.

No, refraction does not involve photon absorption; it is a surface interface phenomenon. --EncycloPetey 03:30, 28 July 2011 (UTC)

RFV discussion: July 2011–March 2012[edit]

TK archive icon.svg

The following discussion has been moved from Wiktionary:Requests for verification (permalink).

This discussion is no longer live and is left here as an archive. Please do not modify this conversation, but feel free to discuss its conclusions.

Any takers? SemperBlotto 06:58, 28 July 2011 (UTC)

I've defined and cited a sense used in microscopy, antonymous to epifluorescence. "Plastic edge glow" seems fairly opaque, as definitions go. Someone might usefully create the category en:Microscopy, which has a few entries now. — Pingkudimmi 09:46, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
Resolved. - -sche (discuss) 03:26, 1 March 2012 (UTC)