Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A suburb of Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England (OS grid ref SK3990).
- 2021 June 2, “Tinsley reborn...”, in RAIL, number 932, page 33:
- Tinsley Yard in Sheffield was once one of the largest and most advanced 'hump' marshalling yards in the world. But a decline in wagonload freight led to its swift demise and much of the site has lain derelict since the 1980s. MICHAEL RHODES examines this rise and fall in Tinsley's fortunes, and the new lease of life it has been offered by rising container traffic
- An unincorporated community in Yazoo County, Mississippi, United States.
- A habitational surname from Old English.
- A female given name transferred from the surname.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Tinsley is the 2361st most common surname in the United States, belonging to 888 individuals. Tinsley is most common among White (62.63%) and Black/African American (31.36%) individuals.
- Hanks, Patrick, editor (2003), “Tinsley”, in Dictionary of American Family Names, volume 3, New York City: Oxford University Press, →ISBN.