Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: torah
- The first five books of the Hebrew Scriptures, attributed to Moses and therefore also known as the Five Books of Moses.
- Tradition holds that the Torah was handed down to Moses on Mount Sinai.
- The full body of written Jewish law, including the Tanakh, the Talmud, the Mishnah and the midrashic texts.
- It says in the Torah that both gossip and murder cause irreparable damage.
- The whole of Jewish law, both written and unwritten.
- The encompassing philosophy of Judaism.
- (Five Books of Moses): Pentateuch
the Five Books of Moses - the full body of Jewish law
- A specially written scroll containing the five books of Moses, such as those used in religious services.
- An anonymous donor has provided us with a lovely new Torah.
- A book containing the five books of Moses.
- There was a lovely leather-bound Torah on the bookshelf.
- (Judaism) Alternative form of