Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Name: User: ComparBot
- Owner: User: Connel MacKenzie
- Operators: User: Connel MacKenzie
- Approval: User: ComparBot/approval archive / meta: Requests for bot status/Archive/April 2006#en:wikt:User: ComparBot
- Purpose: Fill in comparatives, exactly as is currently done manually.
- Restrictions for generating entries:
- Entry must not already exist.
- Root form must link the comparative one or two lines after the ===Adjective=== heading.
- Inflection can be provided by regular text wikification, or any other template that wikifies terms.
- All but the last
threetwo characters of the root form must match the plural form to be auto-generatred in this manner.
- Auto-generated only if there is no other inflected form (e.g. any verb or noun inflection).
- ===Adjective=== header of root term must be within an ==English== language section.
- Analyze the "latest" XML dump.
- Find all words that are linked (text or any template.)
- For undefined entries, use a preload template to generate text.
- Magic: Upload using the pywikipedia tool pagesfromfile.py as so:
- TheCheatBot: Simple noun plurals that are not also third person verbs.
- ComparBot: Comparatives.
- SuperlBot: Superlatives.
- ThirdPersBot: Third person verb forms that are not also noun plurals.
- TBD: PresentPartBot: Present participles that are not adjectives (manual list verification.)
- PastBot: Past and Past participles that are regular, i.e. match each other.
- TranslationBot: Foreign language entries from list of de-wikified languages from WT:ELE.
- TBD: PluralThirdsBot: Noun plurals that are also third person verb forms.
- TBD: RedirectBot: Fill in uppercase/lowercase missing redirects.