Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of, from or relating to Leonardo da Vinci (1452–1519), Italian artist and polymath.
- 1980, Carlo Zammattio, Augusto Marinoni, Anna Maria Brizio, Leonardo the Scientist, page 82:
- Some writings and titles in Spanish on the Vincian manuscripts still remind of that expatriation.
- 1991, Antonio Toscano, Interpreting the Italian Renaissance: Literary Perspectives, page 114:
- Kenneth Clark did a study of Vincian machines in 1935.
- 1994, H. Floris Cohen, The Scientific Revolution: A Historiographical Inquiry, page 445:
- Needham's way to catch the opposition has been to say "that Chinese science and technology remained until late times essentially Vincian, and that the Galilean break-through occurred only in the West.
- Synonym: da Vincian