Wiktionary:Votes/bt-2012-06/User:JAnDbot for bot status
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
User: JAnDbot for bot status
- Nomination: I hereby request the Bot flag for User:JAnDbot for the following purposes:
- I'm asking for bot flag and unblocking for JAnDbot. It is global bot based on pywikipedia. Is active on all wikipedias and many wiktioanries, but it was blocked in en more than three years ago. In that time there was active Interwicket, but is no more. When I am doing interwiki, I usually see, that in en are missing several links. I am working on category namespace too.
- The problem was, that bot removed "incorrect" links - non matching in wiktionary mode (e.g. Mars/mars). In that time was no other possibility how to delete dead links and leave these non-matching, which are allowed in some Wiktioanries, but not welcome in others (like cs:). Now I am usualy running bot with -cleanup parameter, which does not remove links to redirects and non-matching, but removes dead links only, so the main problem is solved.
- JAn Dudík (talk) 19:01, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- Vote ends: 23:59 13 June 2012 (UTC)
- Vote started: 19:01, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- Oppose. Very strongly in fact, seem to be removing valid interwikis. Mglovesfun (talk) 20:58, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- Example on the French Wiktionary which has the same rules as us: http://fr.wiktionary.org/w/index.php?title=%E6%84%9B&diff=prev&oldid=10686668. Mglovesfun (talk) 21:00, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- Oppose --Μετάknowledgediscuss/deeds 02:13, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Oppose per Mglovesfun. —RuakhTALK 15:51, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Oppose per Mg.—msh210℠ (talk) 16:33, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Oppose, even under the (unsubstantiated) assumption that the malfunction has been fixed as claimed. Luckas-bot (talk • contribs) is very active and reliable, so I find it somewhat hard to believe that the bot owner can "usually see, that in en are missing several links". Besides, we have appointed several interwiki bots since Interwicket's demise and at least two of them are active on a regular basis. -- Gauss (talk) 22:08, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- We are not going to unblock it because it is an illegal bot that has been shown to malfunction. You need to demonstrate that you have solved the problem. --Μετάknowledgediscuss/deeds 21:46, 14 June 2012 (UTC)