Wiktionary talk:Greek adjective inflection-table templates
I'm a relatively new editor here, so having my opinion asked for is very much appreciated. I believe you have covered all the adjective declension forms possible, and this certainly is a considerable improvement. Including the comparatives is also very useful for a language learner. Still, there are some practical issues that should be taken into consideration:
- Proper (αγγλικός) and absolute (μοναδικός) adjectives are not normally considered gradable.
- What is left in Modern Greek of the present participles ending in -ων / -ών, listed here as adjectives, are shown to form their genitive singular in -[ο/ό]ντος. Although not wrong in SMG, pure demoticists would insist to a -[ο/ό]ντα ending.
- Taking άσπρος and λευκός as an example, the former only forms periphrastic comparatives (πιο άσπρος, ο πιο άσπρος, πολύ άσπρος), while the latter forms both periphrastic and synthetic (πιο λευκός - λευκότερος, ο πιο λευκός - ο λευκότερος, πολύ λευκός - λευκότατος). Do the templates differentiate between the two?
- Adjectives ending in -ής, -ιά, -ί denoting colours (πορτοκαλής, σταχτής, μενεξεδής) also tend to be used indeclinably: η μενεξεδί κορδέλα, ένας πορτοκαλί κύκλος, χρώματος θαλασσί.
- Taking a look at the ενδιαφέρων template, I noticed that the accent shift pattern is applied in the genitive plural. However, this only occurs in the case of substantive adjectives / participles or adjectives / participles that have passed in the language as nouns. If the adjective / participle is attributive, post-positive or predicative, an accent shift does not occur in any of the cases:
- Προβλήθηκε μια σειρά ενδιαφέρουσων ταινιών. Συζητήθηκε μια σειρά ενδιαφέροντων θεμάτων. Καλύπτει ένα ευρύ φάσμα ενδιαφερόντων.
- Ο διευθυντής τηλεφώνησε στους άρρωστους μαθητές / ευχήθηκε γρήγορη ανάρρωση στους αρρώστους.
The above is a rule that governs adjectives. Since the template concerns adjectives as such, there's no need of the accent shift in my opinion.
Still, an excellent job :) Jaxlarus 15:33, 28 February 2010 (UTC)