Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A suburb of London and the principal business area in Merton borough, Greater London.
- The Wimbledon Championships, a prestigious tennis tournament.
- Synonym: SW19
- 2005, Jane Egginton, Working and Living Australia, page 81,
- Norman Brookes was the first Australian to win the men's singles at Wimbledon in 1907 - making him the first male outside Britain to win the Championships and the first of 12 Australian men to take the title.
- 2008, Pete Sampras, Peter Bodo, Pete Sampras: A Champion's Mind, 2010, unnumbered page,
- In the 1991 Wimbledon semifinal between Michael Stich and Stefan Edberg, there was just one service break in the entire match, and the guy whose serve was broken, Stich, ended up winning the match!
- 2013, Jack Goldstein, Frankie Taylor, 101 Amazing Facts about Wimbledon, unnumbered page,
- An incredible 28 thousand kilograms of strawberries are eaten at Wimbledon every year...
- Wimbledon (all meanings)