From Yiddish ייִד (yid, “Jew”).
Yid (plural Yidden or Yidn or Yids)
- (informal or derogatory) A Jew.
- 2014, Bob Cook, Disorderly Elements:
- “You're a fucking Jew, Grünbaum!” Frege yelled. “A miserable, fucking Yid.”
- 2016, Mark Ledbetter, Victims and the Postmodern Narrative or Doing Violence to the Body, p. 84:
- Erdman's response is confessional, 'I am a Yid... I am! My father was a Yid. Please believe me!' (p. 211).
- (informal, plural only "Yids") A supporter or club member of Tottenham Hotspur F.C..